Friday, April 1, 2011

Thoughts: Not an April Fools Joke

Lifes decisions are not always easy. In fact, it seems like they never are.
I try to see everything with an open mind and an open heart.
Life is too short to sit around a question your decisions and be unhappy.
I am no stranger to contemplation. I tend to dwell on situations, I analyze all possible outcomes. Who will it affect? Who will it hurt? Who will it benefit?
This overwhelming contemplation has its pros and cons. Sometimes it takes awhile to act on your true intuitions.  In the long run, it seems like I am just hurting myself…unintentionally of course. Do I ever stop and think, Maybe I am the one being most affected by NOT acting.
I was cursed with the quality of compassion (not a bad curse, but not always the best one either). I put others feelings before mine. I love this quality about myself. However, sometimes I feel like I really need to worry about my feelings too.
These past few months have been both convoluted and emotional. I have been dealing with the stress of working forty-five hours a week, taking four classes, and just dealing with my personal life (which is a whole other story in itself).
Last week I made a drastic decision. It was hard, but I believe it was right for me right now. Details aside, I just need time to work on ME. I need to learn to make my health, my happiness, and my well being a TOP PRIORITY.

No comments:

Post a Comment